With TeamLinkt you can add individual events, import events if you've created them externally, or you can use the instructions below to generate your season schedule with our Schedule Builder in just minutes!
Create your Initial Schedule
Once you’ve added your teams to your season you can use the schedule builder to create all of your games at once!
To create your schedule, begin by going to Schedule/Scores -> Schedule Builder. From here, you can use the blue ‘Create’ button in the top right to create your first schedule.
Give your Schedule a unique name, choose your teams (depending on how your league is structured), decide the date your schedule will start (Does not need to be the date of the first game), how many games each team will play a week, and for how many weeks your schedule will run for EXCLUDING bye weeks, and click ‘Create’.
This takes you to the Schedule Builder. Here you’ll want to go through the options on the left in order from top to bottom. This step is important to ensure your schedule is just the way you want it. Below is a quick summary of what you can do in each option menu:
Customize your Schedule (using the Tabs on the left)
- Change the general settings of your schedule like name, start date, number of weeks
- Game duration, time between games, bye games
- Decide if you want games to be scheduled based on preferred locations, or earliest time
- Set which days you prefer games to be played on
- Enter special exception ‘Blackout Dates’ when no games should be played regardless
- Change which teams should be scheduled to play against each other
- You may include teams from different groups if they’re meant to play each other
- If you’re season doesn’t have any locations, you can add them from this option
- Choose from your season’s locations where scheduled games can be played
- Drag them into your preferred order with the most preferred at the top
- After choosing locations, set what times they are available
- Adding more rows of availability lets you accommodate complex location times
- Override rows let you mark a specific location, date, and time as available/unavailable
- Here’s an example of how yours might look
- Add off weeks where no games will be booked for that week, good for holidays
- Set some weeks to have more games per team than others
- This will recreate your schedule and randomize which teams face each other and when.
- Rebuilds based on your Settings, Teams, Locations, Availability, and Weeks options
- After you’ve set all your options, you won’t need to use this button.
- Displays useful information about your schedule.
- How many times each Team plays each other
- How many games are played at each location for a team
- Game start times for each time
You can click and drag teams or locations to make fast and easy changes to your schedule. If you’ve made changes you don’t like you can use the grey ‘Discard Changes’ button in the top right. You can also edit/delete games individually by using the ‘Edit’ and ‘Delete’ buttons to the right of each game respectively.
After finishing all of your changes make sure you press the ‘Save Draft Changes’ button in the top right before publishing. After reviewing the schedule summary and you’ve ensured your schedule is ready, you can press ‘Publish’. This will send you an email when all of your events have been created. You can go to your scheduled after it’s been published, make changes, and republish it. This will delete the events from the previous schedule before adding the new ones. Deleting a published schedule from the schedule builder will not delete any of its events however.
Conflicts can occur if the same location is booked for two games with overlapping times, or if a team is set to play two games where times overlap. They will be marked with a number so that they are easy to identify.